- 1. The key points about how we gather and use Your Information
- 2. What information do we gather about you?
- 4. How we treat children's personal information
- 5. How do we use Your Information?
- 6. How do we share Your Information?
- 7. Links to other websites and services and our content on other websites
- 8. Your consent to international transfers of Your Information
- 9. Your rights: accessing and amending Your Information
- 10. What steps do we take to keep Your Information secure?
- 12. How to opt out of communications from us
- 13. How long we store Your Information
- 14. How to contact us
1. The key points about how we gather and use Your Information
- We use Your Information to allow you to participate in the features on our Site, process your registration, and provide you with other requested content related to our movies and other offerings. Click here to learn more.
- We may share information about you with our affiliates, business partners, external service providers and/or other third parties for general business and operational purposes when we engage them to process data on our behalf, where such sharing is required by law, or in certain other situations. Click here to learn more.
- We may transfer Your Information to the United States, where our Site is hosted, and other jurisdictions, which may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. Click here to learn more.
2. What information do we gather about you?
Information You Provide
We may collect various types of personal information from you which may include your name, email address, mailing address, month and year of your birth, your preferences and interests, or other information you provide to us or grant us access to, such as Device Identifiers, basic account information, and related product and service usage information, (“Your Information”) when you register for an account or newsletters, communicate with us, or take part in interactive games, features or competitions. We may also collect information that you enter on our Site, such as photographs, video images, posts or other content that you may upload to the Site (“User-Generated Content” or “UGC”).
We automatically collect your device-specific information, such as the hardware model, settings, operating system version, IP address or other unique identifier for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Site. A unique identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by this number (“Device Identifier”). Some service providers may also provide us with the physical location of the Device used to access the Site, and we may collect and store information locally on your Device using mechanisms such as application data caches.
- Provide general internal and customer analytics;
- Study traffic patterns in order to improve our Site’s performance, to customize the user experience, and to better match users’ interests and preferences. For example, we may keep track of the domains from which users visit, and also measure user activity on our Site. However, these tracking records are performed and maintained in ways that keep the data non-identifiable;
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using our products or services;
- Support security measures, such as requiring re-login into your account after a certain amount of time has elapsed;
- If you log in to our Site, cookies can also be used to save the username so that we can process the saved log in information and quickly log you in;
- Assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities; or
- Tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
There are two types of cookies that we may use, session and persistent. Session cookies exist only during a particular session of your use of our Site. They disappear from your device when you close the Site, while persistent cookies remain on your device after you close the Site. The cookies used on our Site do not identify you personally. You may choose to identify yourself by asking the Site to remember your username and/or password, by responding to a promotional offer, by personalizing a Site page or by requesting more information on a product or service.
We have summarised the cookie types used on our Site into the following categories:
For example, keeping you logged in during your visit so that you are not automatically logged off our Site while viewing content.
For example, advertising cookies may include cookies placed to group you and other users into interest groups and show you content likely to be of interest to you. These cookies may limit the number of times that you see an advertisement and measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
For example, these cookies allow us to analyse viewership and use of our Site and content and provide us with demographic information about users of our Site (e.g., age and interest areas). We also use these cookies to check for bugs and glitches in our Site, crashes and other system activity, remember the choices you have made, such as your language or region, and enhance and personalise your experience.
4. How we treat children’s personal information
5. How do we use Your Information?
We will use Your Information collected through our Site to:
- allow you to participate in the features we offer on our Site;
- process your registration and/or upload user generated content;
- provide you with information, including marketing communications from us that you request or agree to receive. Please see Section 12 (“How to opt out of communications from us?”) for how you can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us.
- for internal business and operational purposes to maintain and improve our Site;
- contact you with regard to your use of our Site and any changes to our policies;
- tailor content, advertisements and offers;
- fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide Your Information or otherwise where we have legal justification to do so.
6. How do we share Your Information?
We may share Your Information in the following circumstances:
When You Agree To Have Your Personal Information Shared
Your Information That You Disclose Publicly on the Site
Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
We may engage third parties to perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting or operating our Site, sending e-mail communications, and data analysis. We may share Your Information with third parties in order for them to provide content or otherwise perform services for us, and we will require such parties to maintain appropriate security to protect such data from unauthorized access or processing.
Affiliate Sharing and Business Transfers
Legal Protections and Other Disclosures
Some of the parties identified above may be located in countries that do not provide an equivalent level of protection as your home country. Where required, we have taken appropriate measures to allow and secure the transfer of information about you to these recipients for the purposes described above and in order to comply with local data privacy laws. By using our Site, and providing us information about you, you consent to the international transfer of information about you to the above parties.
7. Links to other websites and services and our content on other websites
8. Your consent to international transfers of Your Information
Your Information may be transferred to and processed in any country where we have facilities or engage service providers, including to the United States where we host our Site. By using our Site and providing us with any information, you consent to the transfer of Your Information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the European Economic Area, where the privacy laws may not provide an equivalent level of protection to those in your home country. Where required, Sony Pictures has implemented appropriate safeguards for the transfer of Your Information.
9. Your rights: accessing and amending Your Information
10. What steps do we take to keep Your Information secure?
We implement appropriate technical, administrative and physical measures to help protect and secure Your Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
12. How to opt out of communications from us
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email marketing communication you receive from us, or if you created an online account on a Site, you may be able to log in to your account and make changes to your communication preferences. You can also contact us directly by using the contact information provided below to unsubscribe from our marketing-related communications.
13. How long we store Your Information
14. How to contact us
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Inc.
- 10202 West Washington Boulevard
- Culver City, California 90232 USA